Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The Last King of Brooklyn

Brooklyn Bowl The air inside the Brooklyn Bowl smells like well worn leather, sawdust, and evidently hops (from the nearby Brooklyn Brewery, but I’ll get back to them). All around me are authentic Coney Island early 20th century amusement park props, like the tin targets from shooting galleries. There’s a band putting their gear together onstage for an evening event, lots of percussion and fewer amps, so I’m guessing it’ll be some kind of folk or world music. In front of me, Charley Ryan, cofounder of the Brooklyn Bowl (with partner Peter Shapiro) is pressing his business card into my hands and is about to say the most amazing thing I’ve ever heard while receiving a business card.

“I hope my phone number goes from this card into your phone and that you use it whenever you want to get in touch.”

Continue Reading

The post The Last King of Brooklyn appeared first on chrisbrogan.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment